Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's day was perfect this year.  Saturday I spent the morning with a few of the Liljenquist women and Craig at breakfast and then we went to my family Saturday evening to celebrate together.  I feel really lucky to be surrounded by such incredible women who all inspire me to be better.
Sunday morning I woke up to Kneaders French toast and strawberries for breakfast and gifts.  After church we had homemade hamburgers and corn on the cob.  I begged Kyle to make that for dinner for me and it was SO yummy.  He was kind of surprised when I kept telling him thats what I wanted but when he finally agreed to do it I was over the moon excited.  I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to be a Mom. Growing up its what I always wanted to be.  I'm extremely grateful to Kyle who works so hard so that I can be a stay at home mom.  I really couldn't be able to do it if he wasn't 100% supportive of it.
Motherhood has its ups and downs and a lot of the time as I lay down to go to sleep and think back on the day I feel like in some sort of way I have failed but then I remind myself that I tried my best and there's always another day to try again.  I give everything I have to these kids and then some even though sometimes I don't always feel like it they do love me unconditionally and despite my many down falls and mommy fails at the end of the day they love me and that makes being a Mommy totally worth it.



No comments: