Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shape Art

Every morning there is a part of me that dreads that conversation I'll have with Corbin once he wakes up.  Most of the time the conversation goes like this, "Mom.  What are we doing today?"  I'll tell him what's on the schedule and he'll either be excited for the day and immediately start asking when we are leaving or he'll give me that look of, are you kidding me, and say, "That is so boring!  Why can't we do something fun?"  Most of the time I get the second reaction because we have to go grocery shopping or do laundry or clean the house.  On the days that we really need to stay home and do things I've tried really hard to do an art project of some sorts but I felt like they were getting slightly bored with just painting all the time.  The night before in one of my dreams (my dreams have gotten really weird and very realistic.  It's kind of crazy) I had dreamed about the kids painting and using toilet paper rolls to work on their shapes so that morning when Corbin asked what we were doing that morning I told him I had a surprise in store for him.  As soon as breakfast was over we went to work on collecting the toilet paper rolls for the garbage cans.  Fortunately I was able to collect 5 of them and make shapes at the ends of them.  Thank you dreams!  Corbin loved it and he worked on making patterns and Emma worked on naming her shapes and colors. 








1 comment:

Ploharz Family said...

How fun is this!!! I am totally going to copy! Let the crazy dreams keep coming!!!!!