Friday, March 22, 2013

Potty Training

Last Monday, March 11th,  Emma woke up and decided, with her big brother's help, that she wanted to wear her princess underwear and start going on the potty. I had tried to potty train her once before and she stayed dry for 2 1/2 hours and then had a huge accident and screamed to have her diaper back on so I was a little hesitant about the whole thing but figured if she was on board to do it then maybe we should give it a go. I told her that she needed to keep her princess underwear dry and that she needed to tell Mommy when she needed to go.  Every time I put her on the potty she went.  She had one little accident but other than that she stayed dry all day! She has done so well ever since! She has had a couple of accidents but most of them are her going a little bit and realizing what has happened and yelling at me she has to go to the potty and then she will finish in the potty. She has only had one accident during the night and it made her so upset that she hasn't had one since. She has potty trained like a champ! She has been so easy that I just keep wondering if it is too good to be true. I am so proud of my little big girl!

No comments: