Sunday, March 24, 2013

Boys Ski Day

Yesterday Corbin and Kyle were able to go skiing up at Deer Valley with Kyle's brothers and their sons.  Corbin told me it was a boys ski day and maybe next time I could come.  They ended up having such a great time!  After the first run Corbin was a little distraught that Evan was a better skier than him, which when Kyle told me that I was surprised that he even noticed and that he would put it together that Evan was younger and better at skiing then him but he does come from a slightly competitive family so I guess I shouldn't be.  Kyle said it was good to let him see that and understand that that is why we need to practice things because it helps us get better. He also explained to Corbin that Evan had been able to go skiing a lot more this season than he did but if he continues to go and practice that he will be just as good as Evan is now.  He said if anything it motivated Corbin to listen and don't give up which he has done in the past.  He immediately wanted his edge-wedge off and by the end of the day Kyle told me that he was getting so good that he almost wanted to take the straps off his boots.  He was going around all the obstacles and getting really good at doing turns.  I wish I was able to see him ski but I know that we have many years ahead of us of skiing together.  I love the pictures that Kyle got of Corbin, Evan and Beckett.   They are just all so cute together and I hope one day that they really are just the best of friends.  Kyle said that it was really fun to be able to go and hang out with his brothers for a day with all their boys.  On the way home the 2 little boys passed out from a long day of skiing.








No comments: