Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moving Day!

I completly dropped the ball on taking pictures during the process of moving but I wanted to document this day anyway.  The day after Christmas began the process of moving.  I had been super stressed and worried about this process.  I had been having panic attacks and anxiety about little things like how will I keep my brand new carpet clean with all the people helping us walking through the house, will we have enough boxes, where can we get boxes and so on and so forth.  Pregnancy and moving do not mix very well.  We moved into our Ogden home 2 months after we got married and when we moved in we did not have that much stuff so the thought of packing up everything seemed very daunting to me.  Especially being pregnant.  I spent most of Wednesday packing up the kids toys and little things but the majority of our packing was done on Thursday.  Our sweet friends, the Baileys were so kind to keep our kids Wednesday evening while we went to the Nutcracker and then keep them pretty much all day Thursday while Kyle and I packed up everything.  My parents were so kind to come on Thursday to help lift some of the big things and help take down beds.  Our plan was to have the whole house packed up and all the boxes in the garage for loading and we feel pretty happy that we met that goal.  As we packed up that day I would have random break downs and would just start crying out of the blue.  The first couple of times it happened it freaked Kyle out a little and he wasn't quite sure what was going but by the time the 3rd or 4th time happened he kind of just let me do my thing and give me a hug when I was done.  I felt like I was on this crazy emotional rollercoaster ride. 
Friday morning we woke up to it snowing.  I was slightly terrified about it.   We went to get the truck and it was smaller than what Kyle and I had anticipated.  Stress levels were flying off the charts.  We looked at each other and took deep breaths.  Kyle was amazing through this whole process and seemed like it had it so together.  We were so grateful for the family that showed up and the neighbors that came to help us load up. We weren't able to get everything in the truck and cars that were there but we got 98% of it and we were able to go back the next day and get the rest of it.  Our goal was to be in Herriman by 1 and we were packed up and leaving Ogden by 11 which put us in Herriman by 12.  A whole hour before our goal!  It was a bittersweet goodbye and there were tears shed but all around we were excited. 
Once we got to Herriman the unloading went super fast.  I couldn't believe how quickly that process went.  Our family was beyond helpful and before they all left my kitchen was unpacked, all the beds were put together, and the kids rooms were put together.  They all left around 2 and we decided to sit and relax for a little bit and wait for someone to turn our water on before we went to return the truck.  A couple of hours later the Parkers showed up and they brought us a whole new energy and helped us hang our blinds and Jodi undpacked my pantry and put away a bunch of odds and ends.  I was beyond grateful for all of the help that we got that day and have so overwhelmed by the love and support that we have received.  Our kids were such troopers through it all and we are beyond excited to be here!  I will post more pictures later of the house put together and of our very first home where we lived for the last 6 years.

No comments: