Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is a little extra special in our house, at least to Kyle and I, because it's the day that Kyle asked me to marry him 6 years ago.
We had a very busy, very fun day on Valentines. Morning started a little early when I got up and made breakfast for Kyle in bed.
After Kyle had left for work and the kids were up I showed them their mailboxes that we had made for them. I explained to them that throughout the day they would be getting special deliveries from Mom and Dad because we love them so much.




The first couple of deliveries the kids got teddy grahams and Corbin got some bubbles and Emma got a book.


We went and surprised Kyle at work with a candy bar bouquet that I had made for him. He was really surprised and Corbin thought it was pretty cool that we could see Dad at work.


We then went to play group at the church where the kids played, decorated little bags for their valentines, and than gave each other valentines. After play group we went home to find another delivery in the kids mailboxes.







When Daddy got home there had been another delivery where Corbin got a joker and a little joker car and Emma got her own sunglasses.


After dinner we had baths and then another special delivery came and it was mini bags of popcorn for each of the kids. They both LOVE popcorn and loved that they had their own little bags.

The last delivery was a doll for Emma and a Batman t-shirt for Corbin. I think that the kids really enjoyed their special deliveries throughout the day. And I really had fun trying to be sneaky and not let them see me putting the surprises in the mailboxes.




Kyle surprised me with not 1 dozen, but 2 dozen roses when he came home from work. One red dozen and one white dozen. So sweet! After the kids had gone to bed we had our own little Valentine's celebration. For gifts this year we decided to keep it simple and make our gifts. I was super impressed with Kyle, he made the ABC's of us plus he even wrote it on cute paper and put it on a ring. I wrote out 101 reasons why I love Kyle.

3 comments:

Kelly Family said...

Super cute idea!!! I love it! May have to steal the idea for next year. Where did you get the cute mailboxes? Message me :)

Kirsten said...

It sounds like you had a super cute Valentines day! I love the cute mailbox idea that you did for your kids.

Parrish Family said...

Your mailbox's turned out darling! And the little treats were cute with the note! You sure are creative!