Thursday, November 3, 2016

Mini Drill 2016

Emma wanted to Herriman High's Mini Drill again this year so I signed her up and took her to the first day of rehearsal. I left because there was another Mom there that said she would bring Emma home. Around the time she should be getting home I heard a door close and could hear Emma crying.   I ran to the door and could tell the she had been crying for awhile.  The Mom informed me that while they were practicing for the big group routine the song that they were dancing to was from Nightmare before Christmas, This is Halloween, which is a song that we had recently been dealing with and she has been struggling with for the last 2 weeks.
The next night was the preformance and we talked a lot about what she wanted to do.  She told me she wanted to dance so she would try to be brave.  All during practice she would get through her routine and then dance the group one with that song and be brave the whole time and then the second it was over she would come crying to me.  I'd get her calmed down and then she go dance again and as soon as it was over she would come crying to me.  She tried so hard to be brave and I was so incredibly proud of her.  She powered through her fears and dance her routines.











No comments: