Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Rocky Mouth Falls Hike

I woke up one morning feeling like if I stay in my home for one more second with all 4 kids by myself I was going to explode.  Having Kyle gone the last 2 nights had finally worn on me so I needed out.  I'm pretty sure I drank some crazy juice that morning cause I decided that I was taking my kids on a hike!  My neighbor had just told me about this very kid friendly hike that wasn't very long at all.  Less than a mile round trip.  The hike up went super great and even when we got to the falls things were going well.  Corbin decided to climb up to the falls.  Once he was up there Emma decided to climb up and join him.  She rocked climbing up.  Then it was time for her to come down and she had a total melt down!  My panic set in.  I had Tessa strapped to me and Bode starting to freak out cause he wanted his shoes and socks back on and Emma crying at the top of a cliff.  I stood at the bottom trying to coax her down but she would not have any of it.  We went back and forth for awhile and Corbin tried but she wouldn't have it.  Finally after many tears and me pep talking her she made it down.  Luckily we didn't' have a long walk back to the car or else I would have just quit right then and there.  It was hard but I proved to myself that I can do hard things and I could do 4 kids by myself!

















No comments: