Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Tessa's Blessing

As I mentioned before Corbin was so willing to share his special day with Tessa and as soon as he was confirmed the men all stayed standing and I brought Tessa up and Kyle gave her a name and a blessing.  It was so perfect to have everybody that we loved already all together.  While we were taking pictures before Kyle wanted a picture of the 2 of them in their white clothes.  He realized during their orientation that morning that when Tessa turns 8 Corbin will be almost 18 and if she's wanting to wait he could maybe baptize her.  It's kind of a cool thought to think about but than it makes me crazy emotional thinking that one day they will be 16 and 8 years old!

When I chose Emma's blessing dress I chose the same one that my Mom and I were both blessed in.  I loved the meaning that it had. As I thought about what kind of dress I wanted for Tessa I really wanted her to have her own but I wanted it to have some meaning as well.  I thought about using part of my wedding dress for it but when I looked at it I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  As we looked at the dress Kyle saw my veil and brought up the idea of using that instead of my dress.  I loved the idea.  I asked my neighbor to help me make the dress and it turned out so perfect!  I loved the simplicity of it but I also loved having a part of me in the dress as well.  Now both my girls have dresses with some sort of personal touch to them.















No comments: