Monday, September 28, 2015

Hike Mount Timpanogas

My biggest accomplishement on my 30 before 30 list was to Hike Mt. Timpanogas all the way to the top.  After talking about it with a bunch of people I decided not only was I going to hike it but we were going to do the sunrise hike.  Hike all through the night and be at the top in time to watch the sunrise.  The anticipation up until the hike was pretty awful and I tried talking myself out of it a bunch of times but I had a great support system, My Dad, Jason, Alissa and most importantly Kyle who kept me motivated to do it.  We slept a couple of hours, woke up around midnight and was on the trail around 1 AM.  The trail was long and at times really hard.  I was so proud of my Dad who just powered through the majority of the hike.  He made it to Emerald Lake where he decided that he would stop and wait for us to get back from the top.  We hiked up to the Saddle and I decided that I was completely content to stay there and not go to the peak.   My hips were dying by now and I knew I still had to make it back down.  It took us 5 hours to get to the saddle and then we sat on the saddle for over an hour waiting for the sunrise to come.  By some weird coincidence we saw our neice London on the mountain.  Super random but so fun seeing her and being able to snap a picture with her at the top.  I took a 20 minute power nap, watched the sunrise and then we headed back down to get Dad.  The hike down was definitely one of the hardest things I've done mostly because we were done!  We were hungry and the last few steps were hard.  I'm so glad that I was able to accomplish the goal of mine and it made me remember that I can do hard things!!



















Another thing on my list was to watch a sunrise and sunset in the exact same day so as we drove down the freeway I snapped this shot and watched the sun go down.  It was a very long exhausting day but I'm really glad I did it!


No comments: