Thursday, February 13, 2014

Emma's Imagination


This Emma of ours has quite the imagination.  She has her very own imaginary boyfriend.  He visits our house daily!  We've had quite a few funny encounters with this "boyfriend".
When he first started coming around Corbin and Emma would get in full on yelling fights over him.   Emma would be sitting up at the bar and Corbin would come up to sit and she would tell him that he couldn't sit there because her boyfriend was.  He would get really mad because to him there was no one sitting there.  Needless to say they got in a huge fight about whether or not someone was really there.  I had to take Corbin and sit down and talk to him about how even though he can't see this "imaginary boyfriend" he is very real to Emma and we need to be respectful.  He still to this day cannot understand why or how Emma sees someone that isn't there but he has learned to just go with it.
His name is New Lilah.  When asked why he has a girl name she just shrugs her shoulders and says, "I think he just likes it."
Emma will randomly go and open the front door.  Once I got mad at her for doing it and she told me, "I'm just letting my boyfriend in!"
One of the times she opened the front door she had a full on conversation with him about how glad she was that he was there and how sad for him that he fell in the mud while on his way there.  Once she gets to where I am she proudly announces, "Mom, my boyfriend is here!"
She once told my Mom about her "boyfriend" that comes over and that he ONLY sleeps with her.
When walking up to a store she told Kyle, "you can only hold this hand because my boyfriend is holding this hand."  I swear I saw Kyle wince a little. This imaginary boyfriend has been a little hard on him.
After going to the dentist Emma came into the room and told me all about how her boyfriend had no more teeth because the doctor had pulled them all out which meant that he couldn't eat anymore.  A few days later she informed that his teeth had grown back and could eat again.
Corbin was talking to her about her "boyfriend" and he asked her if she kisses him and she told him, "No way!  That is super yucky!  We no kiss!"

No comments: