Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Corbin

For the last month and a half I feel like I have been on quite the emotional roller coaster ride with this little man of mine.  It all started on the first day of Kindergarten.  Taking him to school the first day wasn't as bad as I had anticipated but the first day he got on the bus is when I really started struggling.  All of a sudden he didn't need me by his side.  I survived the week only to get up to Bear Lake and he tried something new by going skimming behind the boat and he fell in the water.  Seeing my 5 year old just floating in this huge lake completely by himself was really hard.  It felt like it took forever to get to him and as soon as we did he was smiling and asking to try something new.  I was so proud of him but I couldn't help but tear up just thinking about how much he had grown up in the last few days.  All of a sudden I wasn't needed as much as I used to be.  I know that is how it is supposed to be and I keep reminding myself that this is what parenting is all about but it has still be really hard.  I love this guy so much and he is and forever will be my little buddy.

1 comment:

Katie Warner said...

My thoughts exactly! Letting these kids grow up is so hard... But so rewarding... Definitely an emotional roller coaster. :)