Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Emma and the Lego

Last Friday I had dropped the kids off at a babysitter while I went to my doctors appointment. After being there for an hour and half due to having to be evacuated and still waiting to see the doctor I got a phone call from my friend telling me that Emma had stuck a Lego up her nose.  She was trying to get it out but she wasn't having much success.  I told her I was getting ready to see the doctor and would be home to take care of her.  Once I got to her she seemed fine and didn't act like anything was bothering her.  I tried to get her to smell pepper and get her to sneeze but it did not work.  I decided to wait for Kyle to get home so we could double team her.  Kyle got home from work and had been told by a few of his coworkers who have gone through the same thing to get a straw and suck it out of her nose so he took a pen apart and laid Emma down on the floor and began to suck.  After a couple of sucks I took over, we finally got to the point that we could see something in her nose.  Kyle decided to start attaching the pen to the vacuum to suck it out of her.  While he did that I decided to grab some tweezers and luckily I was able to help it come out.  Hopefully she has learned her lesson and won't stick anything up her nose again.


No comments: