Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

We had a beautiful Easter weekend.  It started out on Saturday morning when the kids woke up to their Easter baskets filled with a kite for each of them, some books, some candy and a golden egg filled with money.  We then headed over to the Herriman City Egg Hunt that was being put on by the local fire station.  The kids were in 2 different age groups so we had to divide and conquer.  In Corbin's age group the parents weren't allowed to go past the lines so I had to send him in on his own and hope for the best.  Kyle was able to take Emma in but she was a little timid about the whole thing.  They both ended up with quite the loot from it.  Corbin came back with a whole bucket full of bubble gum which didn't surprise me in the least.  He is a huge fun of gum right now.  Emma got a bunch of suckers which she was thrilled about.  The rest of the day we spent running errands and ended up needing to run up to Ogden to fix a shingle on the house before it hopefully closes in the next couple of weeks.
On Sunday we woke up and had breakfast and listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Music in the Spoken Word while we got ready for church.  I was all excited to get their kids in their Easter outfits and take their pictures before we went to church.  As I was finishing getting Emma ready she threw the biggest tantrum that she has ever thrown about not wanting to wear her cardigan with her dress.  I'm not sure what her deal was but it was quite the ordeal and it almost made us late for church.  Needless to say I was unable to take pictures before church and had to hope and pray that both of them would make it through Primary and Nursery in good condition so I could get some pictures after church.  Luckily they both did well and I could get my pictures.  After a little bit of quiet time we had our Easter Lesson.  The kids were so excited to open each egg.  We did this last year and I don't think either of them really understood but this year Corbin was very interested in what each thing meant and talking about Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for us.  He gets the words crucifixion and resurrection mixed up so when we talk about how we all will be resurrected he gets this huge concern on his face and tell us he doesn't want to be resurrected.  I ask him why not and he immediately tells me because he doesn't want nails in his hands and feet so we've had many conversations about the difference and that he will not be crucified like Jesus Christ was.  I loved the sweet little spirit that came into our  home during our lesson and the opportunity that Kyle and I had to share our testimonies with our kids about Jesus Christ.   




















No comments: