Friday, January 28, 2011

Through the eyes of a 2 year old


Lately Corbin's imagination has just blossomed. It has been so entertaining to watch him and listen to him.

*We have a petting zoo around our kitchen table that includes a gorilla, a tiger, a horse, a cow, an elephant and a duck that bites your fingers so be careful!

*When I make him a fort with our piano bench he will tell me how he made a big fire and he roasted a marshmallow for me and to make sure that I share with Emma.

*Corbin has this monkey that Grandpa Parrish had given him that he loves to sleep with.

There are times when I go to put Corbin down for a nap or bedtime and I'll hear him talking to monkey. He'll sing songs to him and tell him stories and just have a full on conversation with him. Than he'll start yelling for me and I'll go into his room and ask what is wrong and he will tell me, "Monkey isn't sharing." or "Monkey is being mean he needs to go to time out." He is truely upset about it.

*The other night we were sitting down for dinner and our table is close to our sliding glass door that we can see our reflection in at night if the drapes are open and through all of dinner Corbin would look at himself and have a full on conversation with basically himself. Then he would turn to the other chairs and talk to his "boys" about how he was having dinner.

*Buzz Lightyear is a frequent visitor at our house lately. He'll put on his costume and want me to call him Buzz. If I call him Corbin while he wears Buzz he gets mad at me and says, "No! I Buzz!" The other day I told him he needed to clean up his train set before we could play with playdoh. He told me that he couldn't do it but he thought that Buzz Lightyear could so he proceeded to go and get his costume on and cleaned up his entire train set! He looked at me and I said good job and he went back to his room took his costume and than came back out ready to play with playdoh.

*Corbin loves the Backyardigans! After every show we watch he goes all day pretending to be what they were on the show. If it was about pirates he's a pirate for the rest of the day and says "Argh!"

Needless to say we have been so entertained by Corbin and I have loved every second of it!

No comments: